Nickaro Forums  

Go Back   Nickaro Forums > The Forums at Nickaro > Political Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2008, 12:54 AM   #1
TKdadude
Maker of Screenshots

Send a message via ICQ to TKdadude Send a message via AIM to TKdadude Send a message via MSN to TKdadude
2008 Elections

SLOW FORUM IS SLOOOOOOOOW.

So who's everyone supporting for 2008? I'm on the Obama train, personally.
TKdadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 01:01 AM   #2
Pikachu4:20
Meh.

Re: 2008 Elections

FTW

Here's how I'm going to vote:

-If Obama get the nomination, I'm voting Obama.

-If Hillary gets the nomination, I'm voting Steven Colbert. No, seriously.
Pikachu4:20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 02:57 AM   #3
Nick15
Your Benevolent Dictator

Send a message via AIM to Nick15

My money's on Obama! I don't like Hillary.

I really have no favorites on the Republican side.... I mean, I love McCain, but he was much more cooler a few years ago.

Visit Moose River!!!
Nick15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #4
Linkerman
Random King

Location: Region, Quebec Country, Canada. You figure out the rest.
Send a message via Yahoo to Linkerman

I've just registered to the forum LOL!!

this place is just as good as any other to start posting hehehe...

Ok... enough with the intro....

I, being a Canadian, cannot see a black man or a woman to be president of the U.S....

I mean... is it just me or the U.S. society has.... evolved beyond their prejudices? Never in the political history of the United States has it there been a woman, or even a black man, to be a president....

what does everyone think about that subject?

i dont think i'd vote for either one to answer the above question...
Linkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #5
TKdadude
Maker of Screenshots

Send a message via ICQ to TKdadude Send a message via AIM to TKdadude Send a message via MSN to TKdadude

That's kind of a goal. To not be prejudiced.
Old July 17th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #6
Linkerman
Random King

heh.... i heard this week on CNN that a lady is Republican, which i think is what Obama is, but says that she wont vote for him....

kind of condictratory... no?

Bah... Obama is multiplying his tv appearences for the last two weeks now....
Old July 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #7
TKdadude
Maker of Screenshots

"Republican, which i think is what Obama is"

This is why this doesn't make sense to you.
Old July 19th, 2008, 04:01 PM   #8
Linkerman
Random King

how much would you bet that the election will be rigged so that its Hilary that'll be elected?

it was when Bush jr got elected.... wasn't it?
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #9
TKdadude
Maker of Screenshots

Well, considering Hilary isn't running as of now, I'm going to say she probably won't win.
Old July 31st, 2008, 04:34 PM   #10
Linkerman
Random King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKdadude
Well, considering Hilary isn't running as of now, I'm going to say she probably won't win.

my bad.... i'm not all uptodate with the election..... i just wonder though if she was still in... would they have manipulated the votes anyhow....

here's another question, is the US really ready to take a black person as a president? i personnaly think not... but i'm not one to judge... with the poor liberal government we have.... good thing i voted Soveranist!
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:12 AM   #11
TKdadude
Maker of Screenshots

I don't understand why people think we can't handle a biracial president. I think it would be harder to adapt to a woman as president, but... I don't know. I just don't see why everyone is so nervous.
Old August 4th, 2008, 04:29 AM   #12
Linkerman
Random King

lol... i frankly dont care wheter or not you guys can manage with a woman as pres or a black.....

its none of my business to start with
Old August 15th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #13
cardsharkmonkey
CSM pwns you.

Send a message via AIM to cardsharkmonkey

A friend of mine who is politically neutral seemed to think that a biracial president would not be taken terribly seriously by most of America, especially the youth, given the negative image that most African Americans have in society today due to gangster-rap and all that other nonsense.

...I disagree. Obama all the way! haha
Old August 17th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #14
Linkerman
Random King

well... that makes some sense i suppose.... but we'll all find out who comes out the "victor" in this here race to presidency...... i frankly dont care.... i've said it before and i said it again! so there!!

dont like it? then too bad!!!!
Old August 17th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #15
Aye-Aye
Lover of Pie

Send a message via AIM to Aye-Aye

I'm Obamarama all the way, and I think he will win.

@cardsharkmonkey: Obama's main voting pool is the youth, so I do believe that the youth take him seriously.

aye-aye.deviantart.com
Aye-Aye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2008, 04:26 PM   #16
Linkerman
Random King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye-Aye
I'm Obamarama all the way, and I think he will win.

@cardsharkmonkey: Obama's main voting pool is the youth, so I do believe that the youth take him seriously.

Sure helps a whole damn lot! thats for sure...

but search John McCain on youtube and you'll find several proofs that he's corrupted to no possible extend and that he soooo doesn't deserve to be elected president....

unless you want to live with a 100years war idea in the head....

i think i'm being fairly accurate when i say that John McCain is full of shit and fucking nuts in running for presidency... and thats just using some of the regretted George Carlin to describe people...

further more, in an interview given by FOX news, McCain CLEARLY said that he didn't really love America as an opening phrase. would FOX news let that go without any sort of judgement? hell no!!! they down right took out that part from the interview and made it sound natural that it was cut right there!!!

also, concerning Obama, about the "Betray Us" ad in the New York Time(i didn't read it personnaly) openly attacked General Petraeus. now there was some sort of council(lack of words here) concerning said ad... a voting ensued... and wouldn't you know it, Obama voted I in removing the ad... but yet again, FOX comes to the rescue and screws up everything by saying that he voted no...

here's the link for the video, you make the judgement afterwards. and i know i lack info... i suck at remembering things like that....
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HmHmZ7SM8E[url]

note that the FOX reports are somewhat hesitating in speaking at some precise point because they are looking for words to try and corner Obama...

thank you, its been my sincere displeasure to hand out these informations to you all that lives in the US. i shall see you all another day.

P.S. i hope i've succeeded in confirming or changing some of yous opinions about politicians and tv stations such as FOX...
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #17
TKdadude
Maker of Screenshots

I wish McCain would stop spending millions of dollars on commercials about how Obama shouldn't be president and instead spend millions of dollars on commercials telling us why he's any better.

Also, did you know that being a popular politician among young people makes you a celebrity, and therefore just as equipped to lead as Paris Hilton or Britney Spears?
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #18
Linkerman
Random King

heh.... thats propaganda for ya! spreading lies around about someone and not helping one's image is how people like McCain works.

its sad really.... to be living in a contry that has a future of a hundred year war... as well as a threat of losing a major city....

trust me... if McCain gets elected, all hell will break loose... and Canada will be pulled down with the US as it did before with Bush in Afghanistan....
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #19
Nayias
Manga-ka

Send a message via AIM to Nayias Send a message via MSN to Nayias

I just find it interesting that Obama actually outlined how he's planning to pay for all the change he has in mind, while McCain basically said, "I shall change things, I'm experienced, you know I can!!1"

Okay, he's been a US Senator for 26 years... I'm quite sure he's aware that a President is only able to serve 4-8 years, so he's going to pack 26+ years of change into 4-8 years.

Right. Also, he keeps mentioning how Obama is going RAISE taxes, while he's gonna lower them. I respectfully ask whoever's interested to go over to CNN or whatever other politcal channel's site and look at the comparison on taxes. Obama's going to give tax breaks to 95% of the middle class and tax corporations. Hm. Well, if you look at it like McCain is speaking FOR corporations, I guess he's right, huh?

I was also rather annoyed at McCain's blatant attempt to snipe Clinton's supporters by having Palin as his VP pick. I mean, he went and eliminated the best weapon he had, which was criticizing Obama's experience, and he goes and brings in a Governor who's only been in office two years, and a small town mayor before that. Not that I don't think Palin COULD possibly step up, but it just seems to me that it's very obvious McCain is focusing on the next two months, and if he's elected, he's gonna go through all 4 years easily. At 72. When the average American male dies at 76 or so. Cutting a little close, maybe?

Anyway, I honestly tried to be impartial and compare the two (after it came down to two) and see who I'd prefer running the country, and that'd be Obama for me. I just agree with how he wants to do things, we need a change SOMEWHERE, because the old school stuff isn't cutting it anymore.

My devART
Waffle Ink Studios
Nayias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:47 PM   #20
Linkerman
Random King

thats all true... as well as i agree with all of it... i just have to say that McCain is a completly retard that went in the Vietnam war...

lets face it... he's losing it.... and not just the running election.... pretty much everything else too....

so what if he's been Senator for 26 years now.... does it make him any good and prepared for presidency just because of that? lets face it... americans have made the friggin HUGE error in re-electing Bush.... and look at how bad things got.... think it'll get better with McCain in the white house? fucking hell no!! its only gonna get worse and i for one know it....
McCain says that the economy is fundamentaly strong... now why is that? is it because he got 7 houses? or is it because he's full of crap? no wait! is it because he's getting bribed a fucking million by gas companies to have him NOT oblige them to lower gas prices and NOT force them to think and find other ways and matters of resources?

i can't emphasize enough on the fact that McCain is not a suited candidate and that he's full of shit and rotten to the core....

he said that he FUCKING HATES THE US!!!!...... oops.. got carried away there

as for Obama, its sad to say but... does he have any chance of getting in the white house? i mean, wont KKK do something to have him "taken care of"? is it gonna be like John F Kennedy all over again?
i was talking about that with someone i know today and i said "if Obama gets in the white house, he's probably not gonna last 6 months...." and then i add "and thats if he doesn't get killed at the official debate to see who's better" and yet again "if Obama makes it past 6 months, he's gonna be re-elected in 4 years for sure..."

i want to add a small thing to my last post, we're gonna be having federal elections here in Canada october 14th... no later than five days after it was officially announced, there was already commercials about who's better for the vote...
my point being that here, the mud slinging is something all politicians shares, but thats the only thing they have in common...

there shouldn't be any elections anywhere in my personnal opinion....